Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Cowpokes

I've gotten behind on my blog, so I am forgoing the menu plans and posting some of the recipes that I have cooked the past couple of weeks. Since it has been so long, I decided to post something that was quick and easy and one of my husband's favorites: Cowpokes!

Ingredients:

4 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless and trimmed
salt and pepper to taste
4 oz cream cheese, softened
4 oz pepper jack cheese, freshly grated (see my Note About Cheese)
8 slices bacon


Steps:

1. Take your chicken breasts


and flatten them

and salt and pepper them

2. Take the cream cheese

and soften it in the microwave for about 10 seconds


3. Shred the pepperjack cheese

and mix it in with the cream cheese
4. Form 4 equal logs and place the logs in the center of the chicken breasts.

5. Wrap the chicken around the cheese log and wrap 2 slices of bacon around each breast and secure with toothpicks.

6. Cook at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until internal temperature of chicken reaches 165 degrees.

7. Turn on broiler for 3-5 minutes to brown bacon.

2 comments:

  1. Yum. I will have to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where have you been? Hope all is well with you. I have missed your good tips and recipes, and hope you will be back posting soon!

    ReplyDelete