5 oz (1/2 pkg) 15 bean soup mix
1 pkg smoked sausage, sliced
1/4 c choped onion (see my note on how to cut an onion without crying)
1 garlic clove, pressed
1 Tbsp worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp dried basil
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp dried marjoram
1/4 tsp Louisiana Hot Sauce
1. Rinse dry beans and place in a dutch oven or stock pot with 1 1/2 qts of water. Bring to a boil. Boil for 3-5 minutes.
2. Remove from heat; cover and let stand for 1 hour. Drain and rinse beans.
3. Return beans to pan. Add 5 cups water and remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil.
4. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3 - 3 1/2 hours or until beans are tender.
5. Serve with Jiffy Cornbread muffins!
Other add-in ideas:
*green pepper, celery, carrots,
*canned tomatoes, canned green chilis