Monday, February 15, 2010

Firecracker Shrimp

I got this recipe from The Pioneer Woman...if you've never read her blog...you need to! She is a blast and has tons of great recipes!


This was my NEW recipe of the week to try and boy, was I glad I did! It will definitely be added to my menu list! It's always nice to find something other than beef, chicken or pasta! I was so excited about it, that I forgot to take pictures! Sorry! I will next time I make it!


Ingredients:

1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined (see Note on How to Devein Shrimp)
2 tablespoons Sriracha hot chili sauce (see picture below)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons sugar
4 to 5 cloves garlic, pressed


Here's a couple of pics of Sriracha hot chili sauce, so you know what you are looking for. You can get it anywhere, in the Asian food aisle. I got mine at Target (and it wasn't even a Super Target!)








Steps:

Mix chili sauce, olive oil, salt, sugar and garlic in a bowl. Put shrimp in a ziploc bag and pour the sauce in. Seal the bag and work the shrimp around to evenly distribute the marinade. Refrigerate for an hour.


Put shrimp on skewers, 5-6 per skewer.


If it is nice and warm outside, feel free to fire up the grill and keep an eye on the shrimp, they will cook quickly!


Since I made them in the dead of winter, I used a grill pan.


Drizzle olive oil into the grill pan and use a paper towel to make sure the surface is covered. Heat the grill pan. When it is hot, lay the skewers. I used a Grill Press to press them down. Cook on one side for 2-3 minutes, until the shrimp gets nice and brown. Then flip them over and brown the other side. NOTE: Cooking time on an outdoor grill will be much shorter!

No comments:

Post a Comment