Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Teriyaki Chicken

This is my new recipe of the week and I got it from another blog, but, I changed some stuff up. I'm still working on perfecting it, but it was tasty and very quick and easy!


Ingredients:

4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into strips
3 Tbsp vegetable oil, divided
4 carrots, julienned (I normally just buy a bag of matchstick carrots and do about 1 small handful per carrot)
1 medium sweet onion, julienned (see my note on How to Cut an Onion Without Crying)
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
Hot, cooked rice (I use Boil in a Bag)
sesame seeds (optional)
green onions (optional)

Steps:

In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in 2 tablespoons oil for 6-8 minutes or until juices run clear. Remove chicken and set aside.



















In the same skillet, stir-fry carrots in remaining oil for 2 minutes. Add onion; stir-fry about 2-4 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender.

Combine soy sauce and brown sugar; add to skillet. Bring to a boil. Return chicken to skillet. Boil for 5 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened.

Serve over rice. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and green onions if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment